Tuesday, November 18, 2008

loremaster.......

Logged into MoM this morning... went to the bard to see these trait sets all the LM's are complaining about. And to put it quite bluntly I was very overwhelmed and then just felt like crying. ALL of this hard work I put into my LM and the Dev pays me back like this? Please, don't argue about it, it is another nerf. Not to sound like doomsday, but there is no future to playing a LM unless the Dev gets his head out of his ass quick. I have faith in turbine, but NONE in this loremaster Dev. I HOPE HE GETS FIRED! lol Ridiculous. Always threads in the LM forum with people not happy and giving suggestions, reasonable suggestions. And this Dev totally ignores us and fucks up our traits so that you have to trait some useless shit or be useless anyway! bah see now I'm just pissing myself off and rambling. I made alot more sense when I replied to this post in the forums.
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie30
I played my LM for support. I built every smidge of it for support. I'm not tired of support but I am tired of being told the class is overpowered when I know that it can be frail. 2 resists and you can be dead. What's with the pause after hitting call to the valar, is that there to reset a skill or make you pause and reflect on how frustrating it is that the skill didn't hit, again. There is no pause like that when my burglar uses ready and able.

The fact is that to solo at any point you have to be able to dps down an enemy - the longer it takes, the less chance you have at survival. We will need to solo to harvest mats or grind our legendary unless you expect a group around and for you to "support" them the entire time. Give us a stance if you have to - just don't penalize us for going dps by toning down a cc skill to a puff of air. If cc is claimed to be a substitution for armor all the time - why does it get decreased for damage only on this class - I didn't notice fire skills improving armor in moria. Hunters got decreased dmg for cc but guess what, they still have more armor bwahaha tricks on you LM.

What is your idea of support if not healing, we got no improvement there.

Did I miss the skills that increase our power passing or consumption in moria? Oh that's right, those are in the dmg trait tree, they aren't part of a "support" LM now nor are they in any way tweaked or improved.

Perhaps we got more cc for support that I overlooked, nope, nothing there either.

You consider buffing your pet is support I suppose because there is an entire line dedicated to it? When that pet dies with the first aoe, then what - not gonna resummon are ya and all those pet traits are worthless. The pets aren't worth much but a buff endgame now - if that changes put me in shock.

As stated previously if you don't take the near 70% improvement in your fire dmg what state are you in - gonna support the mob to death or rely on a 2k health pet to knock it down for auto attack common dmg?

We have debuffs yup and they have cooldowns and don't apply to each mob - that's what moria focused on tweaking. All that miss chance is just that - a chance, no guarantee so whoopee you got 3%+ more CHANCE at something happening. Ever have a 50% chance to crit in this game in crafting? How has that worked out for ppl. Instead armor is passive resistance and a bubble is also guaranteed, is last stand a chance skill, etc. Debuffing can resist all day - what saviour is there when it doesn't stick. If your class can't fall back on armor(mitigation), healing(survival), or dps(destruction), well...

What I see in the RK is a solid description. Heal and damage. It won't be in question what the role is as this class has become.

Wacky me asking for more chance for my skills to actually work all this time and requesting tact hit chance. I'm attempting to overpower us, guess I should shut up and go support someone because "I" doesn't belong in an LM vocabulary :P

And my response was:
Well I started my LM because I thought it would be a good summoner class with the pets. We all see how that route has gone. I've begged the GM's to make the pets more worthwhile. We get a new trait line for pets now! LOL is all I have to say to that trait line. Give our skills more damage but lower our tact crit, while not even making it up with the pets damage, by giving them ONLY better defense.
I think if i want to be CC/debuff i need to play a burg. If I want to do damage I'll play a hunter.
If I want to cure wounds and pump power, well then my role is an LM. And those roles are just not looking very fun anymore. I've seen classes like this in other games become obsolete! So much that the players begged the GM's to just delete the whole class.
-------------------------------------
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=173381&page=2

No comments:

Followers