Monday, February 2, 2009

Forochel in Kentucky

Incase you didn't know Paducah got hammered by freezing ice and Power/cable/internet like everything is/was down. So I'm bout ready to pull my hair out without having cable or internet at home. We've watched alot of DVD's lately! I'm currently at work and the net is working here, blah. Just to keep updated this is what I posted for the AoA forums:

Hey everyone! I've got limited internet here at work. The power was wiped out Tuesday night and everything was black and then all you heard was POW! POW! from transformers blowing all over the city and then like the sound of firecrackers as all the trees fell down and then lots of sirens! was pretty scary! The power at the station came up yesterday morning but we had no way to get news for people who could listen. phone lines were down - internet down.

So we were scrambling around all day trying to see if anyone had power, who had food, which gas stations had gas, kerosine all that stuff. I brought the guinea pigs to the station to keep them warm Yesterday morning it was 40 degrees in the apartment brrrr. Anyway It came back up last night for us, but we live right in the middle of the city and are very lucky. 46 hours with no power for us. People out in the county they are saying have 2-3 weeks without power! Those cities in southern illinois right here across the bridge I feel sorry for. They have no governor to declare them an emergency and they are having a hard time finding shelters in Massac County.

Knowing comcast it will probly we at least a week till we are back with cable/internet at the apartment. We are gonna head up north for the weekend to stay with my dad, cuz he has food there! lol

Sorry I missed Epic Book night and Brenin im reallyyyyyyy gonna miss the conga line tonight!!


yeah we made it to my dads this weekend, there's snow here but no ice thank god! On our way out of kentucky it was like a hail storm. The temp got over the freezing mark and the ice was falling off trees and powerlines and busting up peoples windshields while they drove by. Now just to convince my dad to install LoTRO on his pc...


Now I'm back in paducah, we have power but nothing else. Thank god for the heat though!

No comments:

Followers