Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Diablo 2 !?

I resorted to playing Diablo 2 last night. But it was really fun.

I had forgotten I even owned it (I even found Diablo 1) when I stopped by my moms this weekend. Cleve pointed out since the internet is still dead I should go through my old pc games and see if we could find anything entertaining. Even though all these cd-roms were labled windows 95/98 we decided to test it and see how they worked on windows xp and vista lol. I ended up bringing home 2 copies of diablo 2, diablo 1, legacy of kain, the sims, quake 3 arena, need for speed 1, and whatever old school game I'm forgetting.

I figured we probly wouldnt have a problem getting it to work on xp, so I tried to install it on the vista first, well cuz, ya know... it's vista. It was pretty funny when it checked to see if i have DirectX 6 installed. And it told me my nVidia 9800 GT was good enough to play it, lol! Of course when I opened it Vista gave me the "this may not be compatable, continue anyway" speech. But the Intro movie and the game played awesome. The cd-rom lagged once. (weird actually playing a game nowadays through a cd). I was actually so surprised that the cgi movie looked so well for being made in 2000!

Anyway, Cleve installed his copy on xp and we tried to play with each other through TCP/IP (since we didn't have internet, but have the network)and we had to open a couple ports and it worked! It was good times and if the net isnt back up tonight I'm kinda looking forward to playing it again to pass the time hehe.

Wonder if Diablo 1 will work on Vista.

No comments:

Followers