Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I know, I keep saying I'm gonna post screenshots and I always forget when I get home! Sorry ;p I'm gonna post like a whole thing with 20 screenshots or something lol. And btw I love you Cleve :)

We did the level 15 class quests on the RK and Warden last night. We both had a blast doing it. Cleve said he barely made it through the first time but it was so fun having to "hold the ranks" or something, whatever those wardens do. And for me, Third time is a charm! I didn't know there was a thread about this quest on the RK forums or I would of went at this alot differently - since about every one of them said the trick was to Kite the mobs around while healing. Well, lol, I didn't kite anything, hell I didn't even think about kiting. But I still won! So I posted this is the thread to tell them you don't necessarily have to kite :)
Source
I did it at level 15, and DID NOT kite at all. Yeah I failed it the first 2 times I did it. First time because I just had no idea what to expect when that second sig came running at me. The second time was because I couldn't get my attunment in the green fast enough to resummon my rock, and by that time I was out of power so couln't kill it. The third time I bought some better power pots and took a step back to plan out what skills I'd use and when. I thought to myself, duh! the skill that gives me 200 power gives me 3 neutral attunments if I cast that and mez the sig I'll have time and the attunment to drop down my rock again and cast another heal and pop a power pot. So when the last sig came out I had full moral and power and just let loose while my rock and hot healed me. It felt like there was not a skill I had that I did not use during that fight! lol

After I finally finished it yeah I felt like most others did, like I really learned how to play my class and it was a blast! (not to mention the lightning animations hitting the rocks looked pretty cool)


I took some screens of the quest instance I swear I'll post them! :p

oooh I got a reply already from someone:
I agree wholeheartedly! This is one of the most fun quests I have ever done, and in my experience, it is one of the BEST quests to teach you how to play your character!

As I've said earlier, "Two Thumbs Up"!



Btw there's some new buffs that give you things like run speed, extra morale, and bonus xp if the freeps in ettenmoores take all the keeps. A nice bonus being on a server with a healthy amount of pvmp.

No comments:

Followers