Friday, January 9, 2009

Watcher

In the mmorpg.com newsletter I noticed how they mentioned there is always a shortage of gaming news and stories around the holidays and I suppose you could apply that to my blog too! The last couple weeks just havnt seemed urgent enough to load blogger and share my stories. Lots of holiday stuff going on, not to mention I got 3 new books from christmas to read. No it doesnt mean I wasnt gaming. Although I does seem these days the only thing I play is Lotro. Not because its the bestest out there, there's just nothing else out there that can keep my attention better than my fantasy Tolkien world (besides this Inheritance trilogy I'm reading).

6 mans, 6 mans, 6 mans, DD, FG, Skumfil, 16th... That's all I saw in my dreams for a week or so for trying soooo hard to get all my radiance gear in Lotro. See, you do little 6 man intances for each piece of teal gear. When you get 6 pieces of radiance gear that means that you can go and slay the mighty new raid boss, The Vile Maw. So, yeah I worked my ass off to do this. I wanted to be one of the first to go in and do this. I also volunteered my time to help others in the kindship get their gear also. I wont get into details cuz I'm still rather bummed about it. Seems there was 1 too many Loremasters with the right gear and I got shafted - for I dunno what reason against the other LM.

To make the story short after 8 tries they downed the boss. And dont get me wrong I am proud to be AoA and be part of that. I was bummed at the same time cuz I wanted it to be me that was celebrating for being in the group that downed it first. And after all the work I put into getting my gear and helping others get gear only one kinmate acknowledged this while the others were showing off gear and bragging how exciting it was to be there. Elchongo posted on main forums something to the likes of "Honorable mention goes to the people who helped get these people gear, so that they could do the raid"
I sent him a message letting him know how much that comment meant to me.

See now I got myself all worked up and it's only a game.

No comments:

Followers